Sunday, September 29, 2013

Apple Week Recap

We had a great week in Kindergarten! We learned all about apples, Johnny Appleseed, and tornado drills. I had so much fun working with my sweet kiddos in their centers this week. I love watching them develop social skills and learn how to interact with one another. It is the sweetest thing! We conducted apple investigations with the apples that they brought to school and, on Friday, we had Apple Day! It was a hit for sure. The kids got to try several different apple snacks, including apple muffins that my mama made for them!

My parents were in town for a few days this week and I loved having them in my room...almost as much as my students did. They talked about it ALL WEEK. I'm pretty sure my parents got more pictures than I did from my kids this week, which is hard to believe. I am so blessed to have such a sweet, loving, active class. We learn so much from each other and every day is an adventure!

Our first tornado drill in our new safe building was sort of chaotic, but it was good to get all of the kids in there and have some of the kinks worked out. I'm thankful that my classroom is so close to the safe building/gym! We call it the Cub House (our mascot is the bears), but my kids think it's called the Club House. They want to go to the Club House every day! I always wish I could remember all of the funny things that they say throughout the day, but it's impossible. Everything they say is so precious!

I want to share an opportunity with you. I am partnering with Donors Choose, an awesome charity organization that provides teachers with a safe way to fund projects for their classrooms. I have posted a project for my classroom and would really appreciate any support that you would be able to give! We are in need of a listening center for my classroom. It will be beneficial for all of my students, but especially for my sweet ESL babies, as they need more exposure to the English language than I can give them individually throughout the day. Donations of any size would be appreciated and, through October 4, all donations will be matched (up to $100), with the code INSPIRE. Sonic partners with Donors Choose each year for an awesome project called Limeades for Learning. With any drink purchase, you receive a green sticker with a code on it. The codes count for 2 votes. This is the link to my project. My students and I would SO appreciate your votes! You can vote every day with your email address, on the off chance that you don't enjoy Sonic. If you ask for extra stickers, they'll usually give you a bunch!

I don't have any pictures from this week, believe it or not. I'll try to get some this week. We're going to extend Apple Week through next week, as well! I'm going to keep my centers the same since my kids will still benefit from the practice. I've been working on some other centers this weekend, including a Candy Corn Matching center that I made...they'll match uppercase letters with the lowercase letter and a picture of a word that starts with that letter. They'll love it and I can't wait to get it out next Monday! The nice thing about using the same centers 2 weeks in a row is that I have more time to make and prepare my centers for the rest of the month! I am LOVING creating my own centers for my sweet kinders. It's a lot of work and is definitely time consuming with this dinosaur of a computer, but watching them learn with the materials that I created is so rewarding.



Have a great week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment